Thursday, July 27, 2006

51C (Thursday)

So far so good. One Virgin Atlantic economy aisle seat has turned into three with the whole row in front vacant on take-off. Sitting in the middle I have laptop in front, bottle of water to the left and in-flight magazine to the right.

The only other time I’ve been to the States was also with Virgin: there’s definitely something more relaxed, modern, cool about them. They’re the Apple of the skies.

That said, maybe I’m still on my post take-off high. It’s not as though I’m unfamiliar with take-offs: I do one myself every week or so from Biggin Hill. There’s something about the expectant rumble as the mighty 747 lines up and then screams as the back of your head gets to know the headrest a little better. While your stomach is still heading towards Reading at ground level the world your eyes see is pitched downwards in an unnaturally agile climb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home